Wednesday, April 4, 2012

ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE POND

Three flights, 24 hours of flying time, 4 meals plus snacks and landed on the dot of 10:30 pm at Hong Kong International airport on Wednesday night. Good friend and her nephew were waiting with their van to take us to her home in Ma On Shan area of Hong Kong.

Before we boarded our first flight, LeRoy struck up a conversation with a young Indonesian man studying in Lewiston, Idaho. He was on all the same flights we were and hadn't been home to see his family in 5 years.  Makes me so thankful that I was born American and have the time, resources and finances to travel regularly to see family and friends on both sides of the 'Big Pond".  Our seatmate on the Seattle to Seoul flight was a Microsoft employee that hadn't seen his family in South Korea in a long time.  he has to fly back to the States early Sunday morning!

Recent revelation for me is that God and I are on a first-name basis.  Intellectually I knew that God 'knows my name' but now I know His name.

Thanks for journeying with us for the next month.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, five years. I meet a Chinese lady who's lived in Dallas for ten years and yesterday was her first tornado but she has been back from time to time to Hangzhou.

    ReplyDelete