Saturday, April 21, 2012

Assaulting Our Emotions

This country can sure slam your emotions around.


One morning I walked by a man passed out on the sidewalk. That afternoon I encountered another on the sidewalk in another part of town.
The next day we spent 3 hours sharing about Jesus with a former student and her husband; thought they were just one step away from the Heavenly Kingdom. Seeing them again Tuesday; please pray for this young couple to join God's Great Family.

What to do with men dying on the busy sidewalk?
In the morning I came across one who looked passed out.  In the afternoon I passed another on another sidewalk.  I felt inclined to at least take him a bottle of water to have when he awoke from his stupor. I soon found out that he was dead. There were shops within 10 feet of him. There were people passing by him all day. No one did anything. I asked two guys in an open door barber shop about the man. They just shrugged. I asked them to phone someone to help him. They laughed that nervous laugh of "We shouldn't get involved in this." People continued to pass by, staring at the man. I never saw anyone do anything. I never saw any authorities come to help.  There are policeman of some type all over China.
Someones brother/husband/son dying on the sidewalk and no one lifted a hand to help. Pray for Jesus to break through this non-caring culture.

Today we met with a former student and husband for over 3 hours answering questions and encouraging them to open their hearts to Jesus. They are very close to the Kingdom of God.  Please pray that they ask Jesus into their hearts when we meet with them again on Tuesday. What great joy to be able to share with them about the King of Kings

Thanks so much for your prayers.  They mean so much to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment