Saturday, March 10, 2012

Contemplating a name change

Since entering the computer/cyberspace era I have struggled with trying to get my named spelled correctly.
I have about decided to give it up and just change my name to George.  I don't think that can get messed up too much by the computer.

When I entered the Army, the administrators there didn't like my name. They thought there was something amiss that I didn't have a middle name, so they gave me one. I was LeRoy Nmni Ramsey in the Army.  I still use it some time.

For about the last 10 years I have been downgraded by most computers to a small king.  So, people writing to me on a computer have my name corrected if they do spell it correctly.  I tried to get a bank to spell my name correctly and they said, "that's the way the computer spells it" as if they were completely controlled by the computer.  They still haven't changed it.

I tell people now, "My mama spelled my name LeRoy and I'm sticking with it, no matter how many people spell it wrong."

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you have a son named Chad? If so, did he ever live in Jacksonville Florida? I was friends with a Chad Ramsey about 20 years ago, whose parents were missionaries in China and he was originally from Texas. I came across your book and wondered if that was your son. If so, he is he on facebook and does he have an email address? I would like to say hi.
    Thanks,
    Tania Flowers
    cooltea@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania

      I'll send you the information to your email address.
      LeRoy

      Delete