Saturday, March 17, 2012

Book It
Good Morning. It's time for some book talk.  


In my search for humorous books [minus the rude, crude and disgusting] someone pointed out that Jan Karon has a good bit of humor in her books.  That is correct.  Sorry I left her out of the last list.


Also, I think I left James Herriot off the list.  Jane and I both have been a fan of his for years. He has some good humor in his tales.


Also, there was a former Dallas area pastor that we discovered some years ago. His stories are snorting good laughs. He is Bruce McIver. The two books we read were  Stories I Couldn't Tell While I Was A Pastor and Just As Long As I'm Riding Up Front   
Anyone, with any other suggestions, please let me know. 


From My Reading Library
I just finished reading Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit
I've decided to reread it as I moseyed through it the 1st time.


Also finished Questions of Life by Nicky Gumbel.  You should definitely have a look at this one.


Have also started The Sacred Romance; Drawing Close to the Heart of God by Brent Curtis and John Eldredge


I have been doing a lot of sampling through Kindle. A good way to find whether I want a book or not.


From The Word
Got stalled in Leviticus. That ever happen to you?
So moved on to Jeremiah. Seeing too much of modern day America in that. Gets you praying for the US of A.
Continuing with Psalms before bedtime. Into John in the NT.  Still keep going to Isaiah as The Lord seems to draw me back to it. 


Whatcha Reading?
How about you?  What are you reading that you'd like to share with the customers here.
Share here or at ramsey@solic.net


I am always glad to hear what others are reading.


Thanks for joining in - LeRoy






No comments:

Post a Comment