Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Smashing Centipedes, side-stepping snakes

Smashing centipedes, side-stepping snakes

It's best to remain agile while working at Bethany. You don't know what may appear in your path to Bethany.

A snake slinked across Jane's path between the Cottage and the House one afternoon.  The next night I was saying 'howdy' to a couple headed up the path as I turned into the back gate of the House. I looked back to see I'd just passed a snake. He looked a bit bewildered then crawled back under the stump from whence he'd come.
Thankfully he wasn't interested in me.  We think it may have been the same creature - a rat snake - for which we give thanks. They are harmless, other than appearing scary. We continue to pray that the bamboo vipers and cobras stay far away.

I encountered a centipede in the same location the following night. I smashed that one and he still lies crumpled along the path.  





No comments:

Post a Comment