Saturday, May 19, 2012

Interesting Discussion

Continuing with topic of discussion with former student and her husband:
As I shared before, one topic that they both broached during our 3-hour discussion was 'how can I be a party member and be a Christian?' That is a very serious consideration for them. She did not want to join the party but her parents, her leaders at the school, most everyone in any position of authority over her, forced her to join.
The other topic that she kept coming back to was 'homosexuality'.  I'm not real sure why that was on her mind so much, but I do know that she used to watch American movies a lot; and homosexuality is pretty much 'out there' in the majority of movies.
She really wanted to know my opinion on homosexuality. I told her that the only place I know to go to find Truth on any subject is the Bible.  The Bible is my moral standard.  Opinions wax and wan. People's emotions surge and fade, but the Word of The Lord never changes. It remains True.  As you read and ask the Holy Spirit for guidance you will be guided into all Truth.
The Bible clearly states that homosexuality is sin.  That was the Truth from the time of Sodom; that was the Truth in the time of the New Testament and that remains The Truth today.


No comments:

Post a Comment